Poppy Glass Studio offers you the chance to get really hands on. Have you always been fascinated by the stained glass windows in churches, and other buildings around you, but thought this a skill that was out of your reach? Think again.
The studio offers a range of course options to let you dip your toe in the waters, or jump right in depending on how much time you have to spare.
To buy a course as a gift, gift vouchers are available from the shop here.
1. Full day course in copper foil. £100 per person.
Available for up to 4 people at a time, spend a day in the studio learning how to cut glass, work with various tools, select glass that compliments a design, and assemble in copper foil and solder.
At the end of the day you will go home with a free standing 4 sided candle box.
Runs 10am-4pm with a small break for lunch which is included in the cost of the day.
2. Half day afternoon course in copper foil. £60 per person.
A smaller project is at your finger tips. Over 4 hours you will be able to make 1 small suncatcher from a range of available deaigns
Available for up to 4 people at a time, spend your studio time learning how to cut glass, work with various tools, and assemble in copper foil and solder. Some glass is pre cut to allow for the reduction in time, this is very much an introduction course. There isn’t a lunchbreak in this option.
At the end of the day you will go home with a finished piece.
3. Full day class in lead. £140 per person.
Available for up to 4 people at a time, spend a day in the studio learning how to cut and shape glass and fit to a simple leaded panel that you will be able to take home at the end of the day.
The skills you are shown in the class are very much the same that have worked in this traditional art form for hundreds of years (although we do have the advantage of electricity)
A light lunch is included in the cost.
4. Studio time. £10 per person per hour outside of evening workshops.
If you have already learnt the basics of working with glass but would like the opportunity to develop your skills and make use of the tools available in the studio, these sessions may be the best choice.
Evening sessions run 7pm – 9pm and are £10 a session. Please message to join the waiting list – these are very popular spaces.
Sign up for a course, and we will provide you with the individual teaching to give you knowledge and expertise to make your own stained glass.
A Poppy Glass Studio class is just right for you!
- Small class sizes to ensure you get plenty of one-to-one attention with your tutor.
- All tools and materials included in the price, no hidden costs.
- Sign up for a friendly and relaxed day/ half day in the studio or a 3 week block of evening sessions to fit around you.
- Option to book further time in the studio after your course to let you continue developing your new skills.
- Initial training to cover all aspects of stained glass work followed by flexibility to work with either lead came or copperfoil to suit your own style